Thursday, March 1, 2007

treehugger quiz and veggie meals

Today I took the tree hugger quiz. I found out that I am at 4.1 earths or 24 acres. Below average but, not below enough. I am going to really have to work on this. I made a list of all the things I am going to try and continue to do the stuff that is feasible for my family to continue. I also started working on being vegetarian until dinner. I made a yummy veggie soup for lunches. It is also good because I can use up any stray veggies I have in the fridge and so there is less waste. I also plan to (without exactly saying anything to my family) have to vegetarian dinners a week. This will be a challenge since my husband is a meat and cookies type of eater. I think that my first attempt will be pizza. It is easy just to leave off the meat and grind up a few veggies. Also. maybe I could cook a meal like a whole chicken and use parts of it all week in various dishes. That would be less waste and less meat possibly. I would like to see my family make sandwiches out of a chicken or something like that just to avoid the nitrates!
I'll post my list soon. It will take a while to type it in.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: